- Due to technical problems with Rudy’s set up we’ve had to re-schedule the December demo to Wednesday 15th December at 19:30. The full details of the Zoom meeting are available from the members only page.
- Sadly, Phil Hartwell, the club’s treasurer and long standing member has died. Our thoughts are with his family at this time.
- Brian Wharton has stepped up to replace Phil as Treasurer and can be contacted at email@example.com
- Dave Woolley has joined the committee and will be taking over from Brian as the membership secretary. Once up to speed he will be available at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This month we welcome Rudy Lopez as our demonstrator, all the way from Florida (via Zoom, we can’t afford the air fare!) Zoom details are in the newsletter and on the members only page. Rudy will be demonstrating ‘Square to Round Bowls, Vases and Hollow forms‘. You might remember Rudy from last December when he also demonstrated for us.
- Monthly newsletters are now available on the web site (members only).
- January’s meeting will be a Show and Tell evening hosted at the club and on Zoom.
- Check out the Gloster Gonks Gallery on the members Gallery page to see how members were inspired by The Tiny Turner on her recent visit.
- Andrew Turner has a new update on his Woodturning magazine index, check it out on the Members only page.
- October’s members newsletter.
- WOODWORKING LIVE – Saturday 13th November. Just a short trip down the M5 with plenty of free car parking. See some of the best Woodturners in the UK at this one day show. Improve your skills and techniques, talk to the professional woodturners and meet other turners. Tickets cost £11 for the day.
October 2021 (and before)
- The second training day of the year was held on Thursday September 9th at Down Hatherley Village hall. We were very lucky with the weather and the training was carried out outside. 5 delegates attended and it was very successful.
Next course will now be in 2022. If you are interested please contact John Hawkeswell or complete the contact form. Note this is open to members only due to insurance restrictions. These courses are intended for beginners.
- Check out the new items on the for sale page. 2 lathes.
- 2021 GAW demonstrator programme, under the current circumstances we can only look forward by 3 months.
- See the latest plan by John Hawkeswell “Mushroom box”, now available under free plans or clink the link* Mushroom box by John Hawkeswell
- See the members only page for an updated 2020 DVD list.
Look at the 2020 gallery to see the latest work from members. Want to share an idea then let us know.
Chairman’s Cup for 2020/2021 has been awarded to Jeff Ellis.
Congratulations to Jeff.