Below are over 60 free project plans for woodturning. There are lots of things you can make on a lathe, but deciding which one to tackle can be a problem! Below are a selection of project plans which will hopefully give you some inspiration and get you onto your lathe and being creative ;-). While these plans are provided free of charge, we would appreciate a photo of anything you make from them – just send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a few details about the wood and finishes used etc. Also if you any problems with a plan then let us know and we’ll look into improving it.
Finally, if you’re not a member of the GAW then you’re still welcome to use these free project plans for woodturning, but please consider making a small donation to charity – either the Club’s charity of the year (Blood Cancer UK) or another of your choice.
All plans are in PDF or Word format.
- Golden Caliper (courtesy of Keith Fenton)
- Demo Handout – Candle stick (courtesy of Bryan Milham)
- Tippe-Top plan
- Apple Project
- Small Bowl Project
- Gavel and Anvil Project
- Chuck and Apple Project (courtesy of Dave Appleby)
- Egg Project (courtesy of Dave Appleby March 2018 demo)
- Small Bow.
- Bud Vase
- Bird House courtesy Robert Till demo May 2019
- Multi Axis Candlestick-Rick Dobney
- Marble run 2019 Christmas social project
- Axminster Colouring Process-Keith Fenton demo February 2020
- Easy to make Centre finder by John Warner May 2020
- Kaleidoscope kit assembly instructions from Axminster.
- Christmas Carousel Colwin Way (Picture)
- Carousel 1
- Carousel 2
- Carousel 3
- Colwin Way’s Christmas Carousel by John Hawkeswell
- Homemade off centre screw chuck by John Warner – March 2021
- Emerging Bowl (How To) – May 2021
Project plans created by Frans Brown
Project plans created by John Hawkswell
- Miniature Nest Box
- platter Nov 2017
- Classic goblet
- Bud Vase
- Natural Edge Bowl
- Ron The Ram
- Vacuum chuck for £10 or less
- Bowl Jaw Set
- Spinning top
- Bowl Jaw Set Hole Plan – JPG image
- Classic Light Pull Plan – Actual size template
- Egg and egg cup – Actual size template
- Pine tree
- Woody Woodpecker.
- Christmas angel
- Hedgehog pine cone
- Hinged box
- Candlestick Folk
- Duck – Jemima Puddleduck
- Box project
- Decorated Table Light by John Hawkeswell January 2020
- Egg and egg cup 2020
- Toy car
- Textured box by John Hawkeswell, based on Steve Heeley demo.
- Bird Nesting box by John Hawkeswell
- Cup Urn by John Hawkeswell November 2020
- Pillar Clock project March 2021
- Mushroom box NEW October 2021
- Table Lamp NEW January 2022